Every day medicine is facing new challenges: new diseases, cost reductions, new therapeutics, quick decisions and make more with less. Artificial Intelligence (AI) can play an important role in the decision making process, most concretely in the way the data of the patients are collected, treated, processed and presented as well to test and simulate new treatments, scenarios and devices. The big question to be answered is: How Artificial Intelligence can help to overcome these challenges and provide new and efficient solutions to medicine in the future? Some areas that AI will play a major role in future are shown below but not limited to:
Medical methodologies, architectures, environments and systems:
- Agents for information retrieval.
- AI in Medical Education and Clinical Management.
- Wellbeing and lifestyle support.
- Interoperability, Security, Pervasiveness, Ubiquity and Cloud Computing in Medicine.
- Methodological, philosophical, ethical, and social issues of AI in Medicine.
- Pervasive Healthcare Environments.
- Software architectures.
Knowledge engineering and Decision Support Systems:
- AI-based clinical decision making and Clinical Decision Support Systems.
- Automated reasoning, Case-Based Reasoning or Reasoning with medical knowledge.
- Business Intelligence in Health Care.
- Clinical Data Mining.
- Data Streaming.
- Diagnostic assistance.
- Expert, agent-based or knowledge-based systems.
- Medical knowledge engineering.
- Pervasive or Real-Time Intelligent Decision Support Systems in Critical Health Care.
Medical Applications and Devices:
- Computational intelligence in bio- and clinical medicine.
- Electronic Health Records (eHealth).
- Image recognition and interpretation.
- Intelligent devices and instruments.
- Sensor-based applications.
- Telemedicine and mHealth solutions.
- Ubiquitous devices in the storage, update, and transmission of patient data.
- Usability and acceptability.
AI in Healthcare Information Systems:
- Autonomous systems to support independent living.
- Healthcare System Based on Cloud Computing.
- Intelligent Healthcare information systems.
- Pervasive Information Systems.
- Pervasiveness and Security in Clinical Systems.
- Smart homes, hospitals and Intelligent Systems.
- Simulation Computer systems.